Welcome. This is part of our story about how God is building our family through adoption and teaching us about HIS family. Going through this process is giving us more understanding about how He has adopted us. We are HIS children, still growing and maturing and developing in our relationship with Him.





Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's All Coming Together.

It's all coming together. I've been painting the boys' room, garage sale shopping, collecting items to pack for our trip, and working on MORE paperwork.

We leave very soon.... wow. Part of me feels like I am going to the moon to be so far away from my biological children and walking into a completely different culture/ language/ food/ landscape. I realize it is good for me to experience this as it will be the way the boys feel when they come to LIVE with us in the U.S.

We will only be in Ethiopia for one week. We'll meet E and S for the first time. We are so looking forward to gazing into those little faces and into their eyes, hugging them and beginning the first steps of bonding.
I am praying for the Lord's hand on our time together. He knows Dan, me, E and S. I can hear Him now saying, "Peace, Be still. I have had this planned for a long time." I realize Dan and I are going to be very strange to them. We are a different color, smell different, sound different, eat different foods... Lord build a bridge of trust and common ground. Bubbles, balls and Matchbox cars sound like a good place to begin. :o)
We have been told that the people at our guest house will be great help with translating language between us.

We will take a trip to E's orphanage.
We will see where S has been staying.

Dan and I will go to court and meet with the judge. We are told that we will have to answer a few questions and will know right away if we pass court or if there is still a document that needs to be added to our file before the case clears. Please pray with us that our case passes that day!

As long as we can get good internet connection in Ethiopia, we will post here our news!
So...it is all coming together. Amazing. We are going to Africa! We are going to meet our sons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post without an account as well. To post without an account, click on "Select profile", then select Name/URL. Enter your name in the "Name" field and click "Continue".