Welcome. This is part of our story about how God is building our family through adoption and teaching us about HIS family. Going through this process is giving us more understanding about how He has adopted us. We are HIS children, still growing and maturing and developing in our relationship with Him.





Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A different kind of stretch marks

Read these thoughts below from Katie about her adopted daughter. She is an American young woman that has given her life to serve in Uganda. The Amazima link on our blog's front page leads you to her ministry site. I find her blog so insightful and humble and real. I see Christ through her everyday sacrificial loving of the people God has place in her life.

 http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/  Aug 15th.
I want her to be a baby so I can strap her on me and hold her there and she will feel secure and safe and protected. I want to be the person who taught her to write her name and how much fun it is to make mud pies, and I want to be the person who laughed with her when she lost her first tooth. I want to know where the scars came from that she can’t remember the stories about, and I want to be the person who wiped her tears when she fell.
But I know that is not how God intended it.

He did not choose me for those moments, He chose me for these. I entered motherhood through a different door, and I get a different kind of stretch marks.

I believe that this is how He has loved us and I do not pretend to know why. But I know that He who did not spare His own Son will also graciously give us all things we need, and so I cling to believing this is for good.

I believe that He held her all the years that I didn’t. I believe that He stood beside her in the line for porridge that the UN workers passed out, and I believe that He clasped her hand as she made the long journey from Arua to Masaka without her first momma, and I believe that she leaned her head into His shoulder as she fell asleep on hard dirt floor to the sound of her uncle’s drunken fury. I believe that He carried her all the way here to this new family and I believe that His hand is on her still.

And maybe the missing pieces just allow me to trust Him more.

Aug. 5th is also touching as she describes a Holy Moment.
Read on...http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post without an account as well. To post without an account, click on "Select profile", then select Name/URL. Enter your name in the "Name" field and click "Continue".