Welcome. This is part of our story about how God is building our family through adoption and teaching us about HIS family. Going through this process is giving us more understanding about how He has adopted us. We are HIS children, still growing and maturing and developing in our relationship with Him.





Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On the Edge...

I am on the edge of my seat. :o)
Whether checking my email first thing in the morning or when the phone rings before noon - I am inwardly leaning towards getting the NEWS that we have been assigned a court date.

Court cases were not being assigned for awhile and now they are moving again. Last week 9 families were assigned court case... Get this. They were notified on a Monday to be in Ethiopia the following Monday. CRAZY - but very exciting. I read one of the families' Blogs this morning. Amazing and Delightful! Since they passed court and the kiddos are officially their children now, she even posted photos.

I tell myself that my HOPE is in CHRIST.... and He alone is my portion and to wait patiently.

I so eagerly want to look into their eyes, touch and smell them and tell them that I love them. Wow... I don't feel very spiritual but very much human... wanting and waiting. I am thankful that the Lord knows me and is with me always. He has shared in the wanting and waiting and still does for His children to come to HIM. Ephesians 1:5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,...
Romans 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

The expectation is that we could hear any day now about a court date which could be assigned for after the rainy season. (Remember, Ethiopia shuts down the court system sometime in Aug. - Sept.)
Leaning on Him as I wait and want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post without an account as well. To post without an account, click on "Select profile", then select Name/URL. Enter your name in the "Name" field and click "Continue".