Welcome. This is part of our story about how God is building our family through adoption and teaching us about HIS family. Going through this process is giving us more understanding about how He has adopted us. We are HIS children, still growing and maturing and developing in our relationship with Him.





Friday, April 8, 2011

I choose JOY! - Referral

Sue, the agency director from Celebrate Children International, returned from Ethiopia this week. We spoke on the phone. We talked about E. and if there was another child available to adopt with him in our age range. She presented some options to me because she did not have any other children 2-7 years available. From the beginning, we always prayed for “the boys” and felt there were two, but said we were willing to do just one if that was what God wanted.  Then she asked about a baby boy? This option did not seem like an open door to me either. I didn't think our home study was approved for one that young. After talking to Sue, I called the social worker who did our IL home study to ask about other things, siblings, room sharing, etc. She got out her copy of our home study. I grabbed mine. As we looked it over, it stated our approval age range. She said, you could adopt the baby if you wanted... AND....it was as if the Lord said...HERE is Door # 3. I called Sue back. She sent us photos of a beautiful little boy with big eyes. My heart leaped as I saw him on my computer screen. So did the girls.  We were all squealing with glee!!  His name means “blessing” in Amharic.

Door #3 - I choose joy. God willing, both boys will be a part of our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post without an account as well. To post without an account, click on "Select profile", then select Name/URL. Enter your name in the "Name" field and click "Continue".