Welcome. This is part of our story about how God is building our family through adoption and teaching us about HIS family. Going through this process is giving us more understanding about how He has adopted us. We are HIS children, still growing and maturing and developing in our relationship with Him.





Saturday, February 20, 2010

Connecting Hearts

February 2010
The last day of our designated prayer time to seek God's specific will for the Snyder family in the area of adoption was the same day as the Connecting Hearts with the Forgotten Conference. Dan and I attended this conference, which was about adopting or supporting programs that helped the orphans and the widows. As I sat there, my heart move not only to “yes” for one child but for 2 or 3. I thought, “how will I tell Dan? How will he react to more than one?” On the way home from the conference, as casually as I can, I asked …. “so what did you think?” Dan said something along this line. “I could love any of those kids. I'm ready to take 5.”

My heart leaped. God does immeasurably more that we could ever think, hope or imagine. God had prepared both our hearts and brought us into unity with a yes... and for more than one. That was #1 on our prayer list. The # 2 came shortly after when I could barely get through Walmart or a store without noticing a cute little child and having the desire to kiss a cheek or see little feet or pick up a little body. No, I did not go after small children in stores. Ha Ha... but I did recognize that my Lord was awakening a desire to enjoy those early years of childhood as a parent again. Thank you, Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post without an account as well. To post without an account, click on "Select profile", then select Name/URL. Enter your name in the "Name" field and click "Continue".